If you have questions about the coronavirus situation and travelling to our destination and Norway, you'll find updated information and travel advice at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health
Current restrictions on travel to and within Norway
- From Monday March 16th at 8 am local time, Norwegian borders will be shut down for incoming non-resident travelers who do not have a critical reason to be in Norway. Border control vil be strengthened significantly. The main airports will remain open so that tourists travelling in Norway can get back home.
- Travellers not residing in Norway are encouraged to leave the country as soon as possible.
- Travellers arriving from other countries, who are not residents of Norway, will be returned to their home country as soon as possible. Please seek more information at your arrival airport. Travellers with symptoms will be isolated.
- All travellers who are residents of Norway and who have been visiting other countries, with the exception of Sweden and Finland, are to stay in their homes for 14 days after arriving home to Norway, regardless of whether they have symptoms.
- Everyone presently staying in Norway and who has been visiting another country, with the exception of Sweden and Finland, in the past 14 days, is to be quarantined. This policy has a retroactive effect and applies to all arrivals since Thursday 27 February.
- Most domestic transport is to continue as normal as possible for the moment, but avoid all kinds of travel that are not strictly necessary (both domestic and abroad).
- Avoid public transport if you can.
- Avoid other places where you can easily get close to others.
If you are experiencing symptoms like fever, sore throat, chest pain and breathing difficulties, please stay in your hotel room and contact guest service by telephone or call the 24-hour Norwegian medical service at 116 117 for guidance and assistance.
For information pertaining to cruise ships and the port, please see www.nordkapphavn.no
For information pertaining to aviation and airports, please see the website of Avinor.
The tourist information is temporarily closed as of March 13. Digital channels will be open for questions.
Given the rapid changes at the moment, we encourage everyone to check the websites of individual businesses for updated information.